Primary Role: Chief of Staff
The White House Chief of Staff oversees the Executive Office of the President (EOP) and is an adviser to POTUS.
The responsibilities of the chief of staff are both managerial and advisory in nature and include the following:
• Gatekeeper to the President
• Structure the White House staff system
• Select and supervise key White House staff
• Manage the flow of information to the President
• Advise the president on various issues, including giving the President information he/she may not want to hear.
Protect the interests of POTUS. Implement POTUS’ agenda through negotiation with Congress, other members of the executive branch, as well as non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
Chief of Staff